Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Getting to Know Dopey

Hello Internets!

Now that I've posted some from the archives to break the web ice, I suppose I should say a little somethin-somthin about myself.

I'm currently 33 and I live in Los Angeles with my fiance, a former fashion designer (7Lightningbolt) who now owns a screen print shop.  We've been together going on five years and got engaged last summer in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt...but I'll write about all of those gooey details in posts to come.

For my day job, I am the Outreach and Development Director of the non-profit Build.Create.Kenya, an organization I helped found last year with my fiance and two other dedicated volunteers and close friends.  My biggest hobby is my all natural skincare line SkIndulgence.  Those, and being a house-girlfriend, keep me pretty slammed, but when not doing either I love to crochet and make and build things for my house.

Let's see, what else...how about some simple fun facts?  I love coffee.  I swear A LOT, but I'll try to tone that down a bit for readers with sensitive ears.  I'm originally from Colorado.  I love love LOVE to travel; I've been to somewhere around 14 countries in the last few years.  The fiance and I go camping at least once a month, and I'd probably go totally crazy if we didn't.  I've been a vegetarian for 99.9% of my life.  I have two tattoos, and I plan on getting many, many more...much to the dismay of my mother.  Oh, and I was an English major in college, so I am fully aware of all of my grammatical errors and fabricated words, but I leave 'em in coz I'm a rebel like that.

I think that's enough to get us started, so now let's have some fun!

1 comment: